By Aaron Sheehan-Dean
A spouse to the U.S. Civil War provides a finished historiographical choice of essays protecting all significant army, political, social, and financial elements of the yankee Civil conflict (1861-1865).
- Represents the main finished assurance on hand on the subject of all facets of the U.S. Civil War
- Features contributions from dozens of specialists in Civil warfare scholarship
- Covers significant campaigns and battles, and armed forces and political figures, in addition to non-military elements of the clash similar to gender, emancipation, literature, ethnicity, slavery, and memory
Read or Download A Companion to the U.S. Civil War (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar american history books
A good advisor for mountain-man fans and an fascinating exploration of the West, Rocky Mountain Rendezvous specializes in the fur-trading rendezvous that happened from 1825-1840 within the principal Rocky Mountains. initially advertisement gatherings the place furs have been traded for must haves resembling traps, weapons, horses, and different provides, they developed into wealthy social occasions that have been pivotal in shaping the early American West.
“Do now not omit us. ” Haunted through a woman’s voice whispering those phrases from the dusty files, Connie Lapallo sought to find why her grandmother Joan introduced a daughter and joined the few girls and youngsters settling Jamestown in 1609. encouraged via their braveness, Connie tells their tales with compassion and old accuracy.
The Grits Eaters is an emotion-packed saga of a tender Florida guy, Arch Morrison, who on the age of 19 enlisted within the accomplice military to protect his domestic from the invading Union military. He rose to the rank of lieutenant and on the finish of the conflict, was once ultimately discharged after serving six extra months after The Armistice in a federal military felony, seeing that he refused to pledge allegiance to the U.S. executive.
The battle of the Mormon Cow is a robust story of the way a small mistake by means of a naive Mormon unleashed a sequence of occasions that bring about battle. the tale relies in an incident that happened in 1854 often called "The Grattan bloodbath. "The tale follows a tender loopy Horse and Black gown girl and lots of different members that have been current on the time.
- The Battlefield and Beyond: Essays on the American Civil War (Conflicting Worlds: New Dimensions of the American Civil War)
- Wells, Fargo & Co. Stagecoach and Train Robberies, 1870–1884: The Corporate Report of 1885 with Additional Facts About the Crimes and Their Perpetrators, revised edition
- Dyer (Images of America)
- Pierre and Fort Pierre (Images of America)
- Phenix City (Images of America)
- Chronicles of the Pilgrim Fathers
Additional resources for A Companion to the U.S. Civil War (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)